You need to know the following:
- We’re looking for people who want to grow with a small, ambitious company, not hide in a large, dull one
- We’re looking for people who want a challenge, not an easy life
- We’re not ageists, but whatever your age, you must be eager to learn new things
- In Asia we don’t always do things because we’re worried about failure. We expect you to get it wrong sometimes. If you aren’t, then you aren’t pushing yourself
- We like people who are willing to do stuff that might not be in their job spec
- We’re all hungry, not starving
- We think work should be fun and we have a sense of humour. You’ll need one to work with us
- Everyone has something to offer every situation so we expect you to offer your opinion
Other, more practical stuff that you should be aware of:
- We work Monday to Friday. And sometimes Saturday and Sunday. How many hours depends on how much work we have
- We don’t pay bonuses for the sake of paying bonuses. You need to earn your bonus but if you do, we will
- We have an office in Petaling Jaya and an office in Kuching. So it makes sense if you live in one of those cities
Finally, if you are still interested to work with us, we’ll ask you a lot of questions. Here’s an example of the sort of questions we’ll ask you during an interview
- What do we do?
- What is your understanding of branding?
- How are we different to other brand consultancies?
- What are your strengths?
- What are your weaknesses?
- Have you travelled much? What do you like about travelling?
- What are your interests?
- What are you like at solving problems?
- How do you solve problems?
- Please provide an example of a problem you have solved.
- Why do you want to work at Fusionbrand?
- How can you add value to our organisation?
- Where do you see yourself in three years time?